In this series, FMC will outline false alarm by-laws for alarm response in cities in areas that FMC provides service and monitoring for commercial fire alarm monitoring and fire sprinkler alarm monitoring systems. Today, we will look at the Burlington Fire Department False Alarm fee schedule. Located in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe and on the shores of Lake Ontario, Burlington is home to over 175,000 people. S21erviced by the Burlington Fire Department, this city has many fire alarm systems and sprinkler systems that have a requirement to be monitored to CAN/ULC-S561 under the Ontario Fire Code. Burlington Fire Department has laid out the following fee schedule for false alarms from fire alarms and sprinkler systems.
Fire Alarm False Alarm Fee Schedule from Burlington Fire Department:
- False Alarm due to a failure to notify fire alarm monitoring service: $418.20
- 1st and 2nd False Alarm: $0.00
- 3rd & 4th False Alarm: $418.20 per vehicle
- 5th & 6th False Alarm – $522.75 plus an additional 25%/per vehicle
- 7th or greater False Alarm – $627.30 fee plus an additional 50%/per vehicle
Burlington Fire Department Fire Alarm Fee Schedule:
Burlington Fire Department Website:
For information on how to reduce false alarms, visit this blog post.
If you have any other questions, or concerns, please Contact Us.
This information is current as of the date posted.