In these regular posts, we’ll walk you through “How-To’s” for equipment that we service, and questions that we are regularly asked from you, our customers.
Today, we’ll look at how to bypass a zone with a DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm panel. This is applicable for your business or commercial security alarm system. There are many reasons you may wish to bypass a zone, which means that the system will disregard any alarms from that zone when armed. These include low batteries on devices, construction, or animals or pets. Here’s step-by-step instructions on how to bypass zones on your DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security alarm panel:
Your Keypad will look like this:
- Press the * button followed by 1
- You may be required to input your user code at this point
- You will be presented with a set of options, which can be selected using the < or > keys followed by * when highlighted on the keypad:
- Bypass Open Zones (allows you to bypass zones which are currently showing as “open”)
- Bypass Zones (Allows you to bypass any zone)
- Clear Bypasses (clears any currently bypassed zones)
- Group Bypassing (allows you to bypass a group of zones – may or may not be enabled)
- Previous Menu
- For the purposes of this Tech Tip, we will look at how to Bypass and individual zone, which is done by selecting Bypass Open Zones or Bypass Zones. Use Bypass Open Zones if the zone you are looking to bypass is currently showing as “open”
- Move to the zone you wish to bypass by using the < or > keys. When the appropriate zone is selected, press *.
- A * will appear next to the zone label on the keypad if completed properly. Repeat for as many zones as required.
- Press # to exit.
This tip is applicable for the following alarm panels: