The DSC 4020 Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring System is designed for commercial applications like schools, large commercial properties, industrial facilities and more. The Maxsys security alarm system allows for different areas of the system – different partitions – to be armed and disarmed independently. This allows users to have access to some sections of a property while leaving other areas secure.
Access to the DSC Keypad
Proper User Code with Proper Credentials
Procedure on How to Arm and Disarm a Partition of a DSC Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring System
(Disclaimer – Call our Monitoring Station if you have any questions prior to proceeding)
To arm a partition on the DSC Maxsys 4020 commercial security alarm system:
- You will need access to the DSC Maxsys Security keypad in your building.
- When you arrive at the DSC keypad you will need the green “Ready” light to be active. Begin by entering your unique four digit code into the keypad.
- A valid, and properly entered code will create two beeps, and a new screen will appear on the LCD keypad. Use the arrow keys to select the appropriate partition. In this case, we will be arming the “warehouse” area of the security alarm system.
- A partition which is able to be armed will have the letter “R” in the bottom right hand corner. If the partition is not ready, there will be an “N” in the lower right.
- Press the appropriate number assigned to the partition, followed by 0.
- This will arm only the partition you’ve selected, leaving others (in this case the office) disarmed.
- If you wish to check to see which partitions are armed, enter your four digit code and use the right and left arrow keys to scroll through the partitions. An armed partition will have an “A” in the lower right corner.
To disarm a specific partition on the DSC Maxsys 4020 commercial security alarm system::
- Go to the DSC keypad and enter your four digit code.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll to the partition you wish to disarm. If it is armed, there will be an ”A” in the lower right corner.
- To disarm the partition, press the corresponding # and then 0. The partition will be disarmed.
- To ensure the partition is disarmed, enter your four digit code and use the arrow keys to scroll to the partition. A disarmed partition will have an “R” or “N” in the lower right corner.
- The partition is now disarmed, and you can access that area without setting off alarms.
If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.