Fire Monitoring of Canada Inc. (FMC) is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Below, we have outlined our Accessible Customer Service Plan.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities at any FMC location, FMC will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at front reception, and a notice on our website blog.
FMC will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Customer Service, Administration, Technical, SRC Dispatcher.
This training will be provided to staff upon hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- FMC’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the door systems, computer systems, telephone systems and alarm system
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing FMC’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way FMC provides goods and services to people with disabilities can report this feedback verbally by calling 1 888 789 FIRE(3473), email email@example.com, or may fill out the form below.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the General Manager for review.
Customers can expect to hear back within 2 business days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of FMC that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.