In this series, FMC will outline false alarm by-laws for alarm response in cities in areas that FMC provides service and monitoring for commercial intrusion alarm monitoring for many types of businesses in Durham Region. Today, we are going to look at the alarm response policies for security alarm monitoring systems for businesses and homes for cities serviced by Durham Regional Police. Durham Regional Police services areas east of Toronto, including the cities of Pickering, Oshawa, Ajax, Whitby, Clarington, Scugog, Brock and Uxbridge. Home to over 500,000 people and countless businesses, many of these facilities have intrusion alarm monitoring systems which may need a police dispatch. This blog post will help you determine how you set up your call list for your business alarm monitoring system, and what fees will be associated with police response.
Alarm Management Program from Durham Regional Police:
- Registration Fee?
- Fee for response to a false alarm from your security monitoring system: $150.00 (billed ot the monitoring company, subject to administrative fees)
- Fee for response to a dispatched alarm which is cancelled en route: $75.00
Like many other police departments, all alarms dispatched from security alarm monitoring systems are required to be verified prior to police response. Alarms which are not verified will be processed at a lower response level and could result in a significant delay before police cars are sent to your business or commercial property as a result of an alarm. Methods of verification include:
- Established audio communication with the premise which has indicated the need for emergency assistance; or
- Activation of a panic alarm; or
- Video evidence of an intrusion at the premise; or
- Premise owner has confirmed unauthorized activation of the alarm monitoring system; or
- At least two attempts to contact keyholders using two separate phone numbers; or
- Cross Zone activation of alarms on the premise; or
- Eye Witness verification of an intrusion.
Durham Regional Police Alarm Management Program:
For information on how to reduce false alarms, visit this blog post.
For information on how to reduce false dispatches through Enhanced Call Verification, please refer to this blog post.
If you have any other questions, or concerns, please Contact Us.