In these regular posts, we’ll walk you through “How-To’s” for equipment that we service, and questions that we are regularly asked from you, our customers.
In this tech tip, we’ll look at how to adjust the volume on a full message LED keypad DSC Power Series Security Alarm Monitoring Panel and the DSC Neo Security System and the older DSC Envoy. The LED Keypad for the DSC Power Series Security Alarm System and DSC Neo Security Alarm System does not have an LCD screen, and makes it slightly harder to do some of the administrative functions on the device. An LED Keypad would look like this:
An Icon Keypad would have the date and time on the LCD screen, but no other language. The DSC Power Series and DSC Neo Icon Keypads would look like this (with the Power Series being the green screen, and the Neo Having the blue screen):
Similarly, the DSC Envoy Wireless All-in-One Security Alarm System does not have a full menu for administrative functions, and some options need to be done using special keys. A DSC Envoy looks like this:
How to turn the volume up and down on LED keypad for a DSC Power Series and Power Series Neo Security Alarm Monitoring System:
- Press * and then the 6 button on the keypad
- Enter your master Code
- Use the < Key to scroll through 21 total buzzer volume levels
- When you have chosen he desired level, press the # Key. This will save the volume level.
How to adjust the volume on a DSC Envoy Security Alarm Monitoring system:
- Press and Hold the * Key
- The system will scroll through different buzzer levels
- When you have found the appropriate buzzer level, release the * key
- This will save the appropriate buzzer level
If you have any questions or need assistance in silencing your DSC security alarm monitoring system keypad please contact your service provider.
This tip is applicable for the following alarm panels:
- And all applicable LED keypads and LCD Icon Keypads for these security alarm monitoring systems