In this Tech Tip we’re going to how you how to check the event buffer on a DSC Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring System.
The DSC 4020 Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring System is designed for commercial applications like schools, large commercial properties, industrial facilities and more. The Maxsys commercial security alarm system allows for you to review any events which occurred on the system through the “event buffer”. This allows for troubleshooting of issues on the system, or lets you check when the system has been armed or disarmed.
Procedure on How to Check the Event Buffer on a DSC 4020 Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm System
(Disclaimer – Call your security company if you have any questions prior to proceeding)
- Move to your DSC security Keypad and enter your Master Code. Your keypad will look like this:
- Use the arrow keys to scroll to option 9 “Sys Mas Options”. Press the 9 key to select.
- Press the 0 key on the “View Event Buff” Screen.
- You can then use the arrow keys to scroll through all events logged on the system. Each event will be stamped with a date and time. Each item will provide info on the area or zone affected, and the date and time which it occurred.
- Press the * key to look at a specific event.
- In this case, we can see that the Office was closed by User 2 (NOTE: MAR 23 @ 10:58). The system will store the prior 1500-2800 events, depending on the version of your panel.
- Press the # key to exit the event buffer.