Just as we noted last week for DSC security system, it is important to test your Honeywell Vista security alarm system on a weekly basis. We strongly recommend annual inspections of the intrusion alarm monitoring system in your business by a security professional, as these inspections have been shown to improve system life, and reduce false alarms from your Honeywell commercial security system.
While professional technicians trained through the Canadian Security Association (CANASA) or other standards body are on site, they aren’t there every day and won’t know if something on site changes, or if a detector has been damaged or malfunctioned. A Weekly test of your system will help discover these issues before they become a problem and will help ensure your system is working at an optimal level.
IMPORTANT NOTE: BEFORE BEGINNING ANY TESTS, PLEASE ADVISE YOUR MONITORING COMPANY AS SIGNALS MAY BE SENT THROUGH TO THEM DURING THE TEST. ONCE THE TEST IS COMPLETE, PLEASE CALL THEM BACK TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CLEAR
How to Test Your Entire Honeywell Vista 15P or 20P Security System:
** During the test your keypad will beep every 30 seconds to remind you that the system is in test mode.
- Ensure your system is disarmed and close all of the windows and doors connected to the security system. The READY light should come on.
- Enter your Master Code and then the “5 TEST” button.
- The External Sounder should sound for 1 second. “Test in Progress” should appear on the keypad used to start the test
- If you do not hear a sound, contact your service company
- Activate all doors and windows by opening them, and walk in front of motion sensors. When the sensors are activated, you will hear thee beeps from the keypad.
- Smoke Detectors can be tested following the manufacturer’s instructions
- End the test by entering your four digit security code and pressing the “1 OFF” button.
- If you forget to “end” the test, it will automatically shut off after 4 hours
Now you know how to properly test the Honeywell Vista 15P or 20P security alarm monitoring system in your business or home. If you notice any issues with your security system during this test, immediately notify your security company so that can attend to rectify any issues.