In these regular posts, we’ll walk you through “How-To’s” for equipment that we service, and questions that we are regularly asked from you, our customers.
In this Tech Tip, we’ll look at how to check and acknowledge a trouble on the keypad of a DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring Panel. More often than not, Maxsys panels are used in businesses and commercial properties for security alarm monitoring and fire alarm monitoring, however they may be used from time to time in larger residential installations. From time to time, you may experience a ‘trouble condition on your alarm monitoring panel. A trouble condition can be a wide variety of issues with your monitoring equipment, but in general, when this happens, your alarm panel is telling you that there is something wrong. Examples of a trouble on your Maxsys security alarm monitoring panel can be a low battery, a wiring fault, a power failure, or a communications failure. When a trouble occurs on your Maxsys 4020 commercial security alarm monitoring panel, a yellow light on the keypad will illuminate and start a beep, and the LCD screen will then display a message to help guide you through how to figure out what is going on. If you receive a trouble condition on your Maxsys 4020 Commercial security alarm monitoring system, call our service department and we will be happy to help get the issue resolved.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to check and acknowledge a trouble on the keypad of a DSC Maxsys 4020 Security Alarm Monitoring Panel, and how to silence that beep:
How to Acknowledge and Check a Trouble Condition DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm System
- Press * and then the 2 button on the keypad
- Use the < and > keys to scroll through the list of troubles.
- AC Trouble indicates that there is an issue with power to the Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring panel. If this is present check to ensure that the power is on in the building, that the system isn’t unplugged, or that the electrical circuit that the system resides on hasn’t been turned off. If none of these conditions are present, contact our Service department.
- TLM Trouble indicates issues with the phone line. Check to ensure that there is dial tone on your phone system, and that the phone line that the Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring Panel is connected to has not been unplugged.
- Any other troubles present on the Maxsys 4020 commercial Security Alarm Monitoring panel will require the intervention of one of our Canadian Security Association ATC-1 certified technicians. Please contact our service department to schedule a service technician to attend.
That’s it, you’re done!
This tip is applicable for the following alarm panels: