The DSC 4020 Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring System is designed for commercial applications like schools, commercial properties, industrial facilities and more. Arming the system secures your facility and allows signals to be sent to our ULC-listed, Five Diamond Certified security monitoring Signals Receiving Centre in the event of an intrusion at your business.
In this Tech Tip, we’ll show you how to arm and disarm your DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring Panel.
- Access to the DSC Keypad
- A Proper User Code
How to Arm Your DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring Panel:
(Disclaimer – Call your security company if you have any questions prior to proceeding)
- In order to arm your DSC Maxsys Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring system, you will need access to the DSC Maxsys Security keypad in your building.
- When you arrive at the DSC keypad you will need the green “Ready” light to be active. Begin by entering your unique four digit code into the keypad.
- For a system with no partitions, the system will begin to arm automatically. For a system that has partitions, a second screen will appear and you will need to arm each partition first, followed by the “main” or “first” partition. In this example, we will arm the second “warehouse” partition, and then the main “office” partition.
- For more information on how to arm a partition, see our Tech Tip Video on this topic by clicking here.
- When armed, red light will activate and the system will begin a count down. You can now leave your building.
How to Disarm Your DSC Maxsys 4020 Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring Panel:
- To disarm the Maxsys security system with no partitions, approach the armed DSC keypad and enter your four digit code.
- If your system has partitions, enter your four digit code and disarm the “main” partition first.
- This Once the “main” partition is disarmed, you will then need to disarm the individual partitions separately, which will we cover in this blog post.
You’re all done, the system is disarmed and you can now enter the facility!
For More Tech Tips on How to Operate your DSC Maxsys 4020 Security Alarm Monitoring Panel in your business, please visit our Youtube page, located at www.youtube.com/firemonitoring or look search for more items on our blog at www.fire-monitoring.com/blog.