Welcome to Fire Monitoring of Canada Inc. Tech Tips video. In this video we’re going to teach you how to remove a battery from a DSC DW4975 Wireless Slimline “Vanishing” Door Contact for your Power Series Security Alarm System. This applies is your have your commercial security alarm system monitored at FMC.
In this video we’re going to teach you how to remove a battery from a DSC EV-DW4975 wireless slim line or “vanishing” door contact for DSC Power Series Security Alarm Monitoring Systems. These wireless door contacts can be used in wireless security alarm monitoring systems in your commercial property or business.
You may need to change a battery at some point in the life of a wireless door contact, usually every 4 or 5 years. This can prevent service calls and false alarms from your system.
Small flat head screw driver
Replacement batteries (CR2032)
How To Replace a Battery in a DSC EV-DW4975 Vanishing Slim Line Door Contact
(Disclaimer – Call your security company to prevent unnecessary calls and dispatches prior to proceeding)
- DSC EV-DW4975 slim-line “vanishing” door contacts are installed on a mounting plate for easy removal, so the first thing we have to do is take the unit off of that mounting plate.
- You will notice on one end of the door contact that there is a small notch. Insert the flat head screw driver into this notch and pop the front cover off of the door contact.
- Your device will be mounted to the wall, but I’ve removed it here so that it is easier to see.
- (Disclaimer) Your keypad may start to beep when removed from the wall. This normal.
- Once removed, you will see the battery inside the back of the unit.
- Remove both batteries and replace with the new CR2032 battery.
- Re-mount the door contact by placing the cover back onto the base so that the lines on the exterior of the case line up. Press down until you hear the ‘snap’.
- Call our monitoring station back to makes sure everything has reset. You may need to enter your code on the keypad acknowledge the tamper trouble that was caused by removing the unit from the wall.
That is it, you’re done!
Thank you for your time, please visit our website at fire-monitoring.com or call us at 888-789-FIRE if you have any questions.