Welcome to Fire Monitoring of Canada Inc. Tech Tips video. In this video we’re going to teach you how to remove a battery from a DSC WS4916 Wireless Smoke Detector for your Power Series Security Alarm System. This applies is your have your commercial security alarm system monitored at FMC.
How to change a battery in a DSC WS4916 Wireless Smoke Detector for DSC Power Series Security Alarm Monitoring Systems.
In this video we’re going to teach you how to remove a battery from a DSC WS4916 wireless smoke detector for DSC power series security alarm monitoring systems.
You may need to change a battery at some point in the life of a wireless smoke detector for your DSC Power Series security alarm monitoring system, usually every 4 or 5 years. This can prevent service calls and false alarms from your system.
Small Phillips head screw driver
2 Replacement batteries (CR123 or 123A)
How To Replace a Battery in a Wireless Smoke Detector (DSC-WS4916) for Power Series Commercial Security Alarm Monitoring Systems
(Disclaimer – Call your security company to prevent unnecessary calls and dispatches Prior to proceeding)
- DSC smoke detectors are installed on a mounting plate for easy removal, so the first thing we have to do is take the unit off of that mounting plate.
- Using your hand, rotate the smoke detector counter clockwise so that the line on the smoke detector and the line on the mounting plate line up. You can now remove the smoke detector from the mounting plate.
- Your keypad may start to beep when removed from the wall. This normal.
- Once removed, you will see the batteries on the back of the unit.
- Remove both batteries and replace with the new CR123 batteries.
- Re-mount the smoke detector by lining up the lines on the mounting plate and the smoke detector, and turning the unit clockwise. You will hear a slight ‘click’.
- Call our monitoring station back to makes sure everything has reset. You may need to enter your code on the keypad acknowledge the tamper trouble that was caused by removing the unit from the wall.
That is it, you’re done!
Thank you for your time, please visit our website at www.fire-monitoring.com or call us at 888-789-FIRE if you have any questions.
This Applies to Smoke Detectors for the following Security Systems: