In this video we’re going to teach you how to remove a battery from a DSC Power Series WT5500 Wireless Keypad.
You may need to change a battery at some point in the life of a DSC Power Series WT5500 wireless keypad, usually every 1 – 1.5 years. This can prevent service calls and false alarms from your security alarm monitoring system.
- 4 Replacement batteries (AA)
How to Change a Battery in a DSC Power Series WT5500 Wireless Keypad
Call our Monitoring Station to prevent unnecessary calls and dispatches Prior to proceeding
- DSC Power Series WT5500 series wireless keypads are installed on a mounting plate for easy removal, so the first thing we have to do is take the unit off of that mounting plate.
- To do this, simply firmly grasp the keypad on both sides and lift the unit from the mounting plate.
- Your device will be mounted to the wall, but I’ve removed it here so that it is easier to see.
- Your keypad may start to beep when removed from the wall. This normal.
- Once removed, you will see the batteries inside the back of the unit.
- Remove both batteries and replace with the new AA batteries.
- Re-mount the keypad by lining the holes on the back of the keypad up with the tabs on the mounting plate. Place them onto each other, and slide down until you hear a snap. Press down until you hear the ‘snap’.
- Call your monitoring station back to makes sure everything has reset properly. You may need to enter your code on the keypad acknowledge the tamper trouble that was caused by removing the unit from the wall. Test the unit to ensure its proper operation
The instructions above are applicable for wireless keypads for the following security systems: