In these regular posts, we’ll walk you through “How-To’s” for equipment that we service, and questions that we are regularly asked from you, our customers.
Today, we’ll look at how to Change the time and date on a DSC Power Series security alarm monitoring panel. These instructions will also work for the newer DSC Neo Security alarm monitoring panel. This is applicable if you use your system at home or for your business or commercial security alarm system. You may need to change the time and date on the keypad on your system from time-to-time for reasons such as Daylight Savings Time.
Your keypad may look like this:
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to change the date and time on the keypad on your DSC Power Series security alarm panel:
- Press the * button followed by 6
- Enter your system’s master code (If you are and FMC customer and do not know your system’s master code, call FMC’s Service Department. If you are not an FMC custmer, please contact the security company who is servicing your DSC security system)
- Press 1 to Select Time and Date programming
- If you have a Full Message LCD Keypad (PK5500), use the < or > keys to scroll to the menu option and press *
- Using the number keys, enter the time (in HH:MM format) and date (in MM:DD:YY format)
- Press the # Key to exit programming
This tip is applicable for keypads for the following alarm panels: