Fire Monitoring of Canada Inc. Renews TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center Designation
Fire Monitoring of Canada (FMC) has recently renewed their prestigious TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center designation from The Monitoring Association (TMA).
TMA Points of Excellence
This designation is awarded annually to monitoring centers that meet all of the required points of excellence as determined by TMA. These include:
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices.
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participating in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
Commitment to Operator Training
In addition, monitoring centers that receive this designation have also demonstrated a high degree of responsibility to their community and customers through their investment and commitment to operator training. Operators are a critical link between first responders and monitored properties. The TMA Monitoring Center Operator course that all FMC operators must complete covers all phases of communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers. In order to receive the Five Diamond designation, each operator must pass the course and demonstrate the following skills:
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms.
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as Emergency 911 centers.
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including cellular, radio and internet communication systems.
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others.
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
Of all of the central stations that communicate with law enforcement, fire and emergency services in Canada, fewer than twenty have achieved the Five Diamond designation.
Fire Monitoring of Canada has been a leader in the fire monitoring and security industry for over 30 years. Trust the experts and give your property the protection it deserves; call us at 1 866 789 FIRE (3473), email email@example.com, or fill out the contact form below for more information on how fire monitoring can benefit your building.